I'm sick of Hollywood!
I have never been more disappointed in a movie in years. According to all the critics and reviews from the movie I just watched, I was going to be laughing, crying and cheering all throughout this movie. WOW, were they wrong. I know what you're thinking- come on Chrissy you never like a movie that they say is good. Well, there is good reason for not liking this one. It's previews on tv were totally misleading.
I watched Little Miss Sunshine thinking that I would be watching something to the equivalent of "Akeelah and the Bee" about this little average girl who wants to enter a beauty contest. Every review I saw on tv showed a happy, yet disfunctional-(somewhat) family driving this girl to her contest. They stressed how the movie was more about the family time they encounted en route to the contest rather than the contest so I thought great- this will be "heart warming". WOW, was I wrong.
There is a congresswoman trying to make spanking children a criminal offense in California because she thinks it's abuse. Well, I say what about the abuse that Hollywood is extending to these children that are exposed to drug addicted grandfathers, gay uncles who attempt suicide, a grandpa who teaches you a strip tease act for your talent, a confused brother who stopped talking for nine months to make a statement and who wears a t-shirt that says "Jesus was wrong", a mother and father who fight like crazy and a whole family who used more cuss words in one sentence than a rap singer. Why, as a parent would they let that little girl be exposed to all that CRAP. That's ok, but spanking your kid is abuse- Come on! I'm completely fed up. It's happening more and more- just like the boy in Two and a Half Men. He is exposed to sexual content in every one of those shows. It's horrible. And I heard Dakota Fanning is in a new movie where her parents have allowed her to be "raped" as close as possible (on screen) to make it look as real as possible for the affect of it.
I guess that's what I get for letting Hollywood entice me. That's what I get for watching a rated R movie. That's what I get- Hollywood lying to me! I'm disgusted!
If you go to http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/little_miss_sunshine/
you would think this movie was the best of the year. Not.
Now I know you all are going to go out and rent this movie since most people completely disagree with me on movie reviews.
I watched Little Miss Sunshine thinking that I would be watching something to the equivalent of "Akeelah and the Bee" about this little average girl who wants to enter a beauty contest. Every review I saw on tv showed a happy, yet disfunctional-(somewhat) family driving this girl to her contest. They stressed how the movie was more about the family time they encounted en route to the contest rather than the contest so I thought great- this will be "heart warming". WOW, was I wrong.
There is a congresswoman trying to make spanking children a criminal offense in California because she thinks it's abuse. Well, I say what about the abuse that Hollywood is extending to these children that are exposed to drug addicted grandfathers, gay uncles who attempt suicide, a grandpa who teaches you a strip tease act for your talent, a confused brother who stopped talking for nine months to make a statement and who wears a t-shirt that says "Jesus was wrong", a mother and father who fight like crazy and a whole family who used more cuss words in one sentence than a rap singer. Why, as a parent would they let that little girl be exposed to all that CRAP. That's ok, but spanking your kid is abuse- Come on! I'm completely fed up. It's happening more and more- just like the boy in Two and a Half Men. He is exposed to sexual content in every one of those shows. It's horrible. And I heard Dakota Fanning is in a new movie where her parents have allowed her to be "raped" as close as possible (on screen) to make it look as real as possible for the affect of it.
I guess that's what I get for letting Hollywood entice me. That's what I get for watching a rated R movie. That's what I get- Hollywood lying to me! I'm disgusted!
If you go to http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/little_miss_sunshine/
you would think this movie was the best of the year. Not.
Now I know you all are going to go out and rent this movie since most people completely disagree with me on movie reviews.
Comments
It is the parents who need therapy if they think that their kids will live out their big dreams due to all of the money they might make. They need to take a look at the big picture and see that these children never recover from the torment they may suffer from years
of exposier to Hollywood life.
Hollywood is not the glamourous place of yester year. It is dirty inside and out. If you want to see how cruel Hollywood is just watch American Idol.
SO many innocent hearts broken by words spoken from three of the most insentive people in Hollywood.