Small Towns
I always thought Harrison was big until Olivia started going to elementary school. Once you begin to meet the parents of her classmates, it's kinda awkard running into them. You don't really know how much of a conversation to have - is it just a "hello, how are you?" or "how's your child enjoying school", or what??? Then I have this really weird thing with a couple of dads. Oddly enough there are alot of dads who pick up their kids at school or who volunteer for their school parties. So you get acquainted with them by face and sometimes a 1st name. Then, you see them in biggs and it's like- Oh hey, how ya doing'? Sometimes I forget they are even a parent and then I go crazy thinking- now where in the world do I know that guy from? It drives me crazy until Olivia says "Mom, that's so and so's dad". But, I've kinda befriended this one mom and dad from Olivia's class, plus their daughter plays on Olivia's basketball team, so I see them about 2-3 times a week already. Well, today, I saw the dad three times just running errands in Harrison. It's like, man- this guy must think I'm stalking him or something.
Comments
We went to a homeschool meeting last night and there was a woman that called my name and I couldn't remember who she was. I felt so bad cause I looked at her so strangely trying to figure out where I knew her from. There have been so many new families that have joined the group but with so many other obligations I haven't been able to attend some of the group functions. Turns out she was the sister of Terrys' best friend from high school. We haven't seen her for years and we were suprized to find her in the same homeschool group.
i'm pretty sure there is some kind of counseling out there for you.