Mother's Day
I must admit that when I first heard the scripture text for Jeremy's sermon Sunday, I was like -whoa, that's stretchin' things for a Mother's Day Sermon!
But I honestly have thought of that sermon all week. The thought of me having these great dreams for my child and praying fervantly for them and then they choosing to go down a path that leads to mistakes, pain and hardship would be tough. I do believe in fervant prayer but the challenge is one they have to accept. I know so many people that are grown and still have trouble surrendering their will (their future plans if they don't include God, their fun, their bad friendships, etc.) for God's will. I just pray that I can continue on a daily basis to give up my will for God's. I believe Olivia has to see me doing it much more than hearing me say it.
On another note......we went bowling for Mother's Day. Want to hear something sad. Randy and I were in a big competition between each other- well especially after I beat him the first game and my score was only 113. So, the second game was like mass competition. OK, yeah, he beat me. I think his score was 137. Woooooo Hoooooo we are so good-yeah we played the entire time with the BUMPERS UP! We are the Champions, my Friends!
But I honestly have thought of that sermon all week. The thought of me having these great dreams for my child and praying fervantly for them and then they choosing to go down a path that leads to mistakes, pain and hardship would be tough. I do believe in fervant prayer but the challenge is one they have to accept. I know so many people that are grown and still have trouble surrendering their will (their future plans if they don't include God, their fun, their bad friendships, etc.) for God's will. I just pray that I can continue on a daily basis to give up my will for God's. I believe Olivia has to see me doing it much more than hearing me say it.
On another note......we went bowling for Mother's Day. Want to hear something sad. Randy and I were in a big competition between each other- well especially after I beat him the first game and my score was only 113. So, the second game was like mass competition. OK, yeah, he beat me. I think his score was 137. Woooooo Hoooooo we are so good-yeah we played the entire time with the BUMPERS UP! We are the Champions, my Friends!
Comments