Vacation Highlights!
It's been 2 weeks since we've been back from vacation but it seems like it's been 1 day. I've been swamped. I took over 850 pictures of our three destinations so I have a lot to sift through. The pictures here only show a glimpse into a spectacular vacation that was truly amazing. Nothing can top Maui, Hawaii as far as a paradise vacation but this vacation was totally different. For starters, I have never walked so much in my life. I bet I walked 25 miles in 8 days. My legs are still recovering from it. But it was very much worth it. From seeing the power of the falls, to ground zero to how Hershey's chocolate is made- it was a whirlwind of information. I loved every minute of it.
I have to give a special thanks to Amberlee and Katelyn for being super troopers with Olivia. There were times she was very bored because she just didn't understand what she was seeing or hearing and they were outstanding with her.
Canada highlights:
Canadian money is just nuts to get used to. The don't have dollar bills, they have dollar coins and 2 dollar coins.
There is three times more stuff to do there than I had ever dreamed. It's like going to Gatlinburg only seeing water instead of mountains. I think it would make a great honeymoon vacation.
We saw fireworks at the falls. Very beautiful. We went behind the falls. Completely awesome. Water is so powerful- I could definitely feel God's glory and power in every sound of the waves!
Amberlee crashing into mirrors - that was funny. We went into this wax museum and at the exit they had this scary maze you could go through and Amberlee got scared and ran right into a mirror. (If that's not how the story went Amberlee, you can correct me).
New York Highlights:
Lincoln Tunnel was a nightmare of a drive/ride. New Yorkers drive like they are the only cars on the road.
Our hotel was out of this world. Five Star treatment, 2 starbucks, right outside the hotel was the theater for "The Lion King", 2 blocks down from "Phantom of the Opera".
"Phantom of the Opera" was awesome. I am amazed at the talent of not only the actors/singers but the stage crew as well. I was in awe!
"The Lion King" was awesome. Unbelievable costumes- Very funny- Olivia was on the edge of her seat the entire night.
New York City Tour- Our tour guide was wonderful. You could tell she had lived in New York her entire life. I learned so much about New York from her. I have to say this tour was the highlight of the trip for me. Worth every penny! ($40).
Ground Zero- Sobering. I started a chat with a police officer when we were there and he told me he was there the day the towers were attacked. I felt so honored to be able to talk to him and thank him for his service. He said it still feels like it was yesterday to him.
Statue of Liberty- Very neat. She's much bigger than I thought. I tried to imagine them bringing that over here in pieces and I couldn't wrap my mind around it.
Ellis Island- I could have spend all day in this place. I cried and cried at the story behind the people that came to America to find freedom. I began to realize that most Americans honestly do not realize how blessed we are and how our freedom is such a privilege. We take it for granted! We are such a spoiled nation!
China Town- Oh My Goodness was I in La La Land. Randy did a horrible thing to me. Takes me to China Town and only gives me 20 minutes to look around. There are street vendors every 20 feet or so. It was like the biggest yard sale I've ever seen only all the stuff was new. I just had to buy something so I could wheel and deal with them. So, I bought an earring/bracelet and necklace set. She was asking $20 for the whole set, I came back at $10, she said $15. I said thank you very much but $10 is the best offer- she said -OK. I was so happy! Then I realized I probably could have said 7 and she would have sold it to me, Oh well!
We did the five major things that we wanted to do in New York-
~eat New York Pizza- sauce is not sweet at all!
~eat New York Cheesecake- YUUUUUMMMMMMM
~eat a hotdog from a street vendor- no thanks again
~eat a bagel from a street vendor- no thanks again
~ride the subway- very, very hot- I bet it was 105 down in there.
I obviously could go on and on about New York but that would bore you to death so I'll stop!
Hershey Highlights-
Ate lots of chocolate- went on a tour of how the factory works
Ate lots of chocolate- went on a tour of the city and learned all about Milton Hershey-
wonderful man- absolutely wonderful!
Ate lots of chocolate- went to the outlet shops to buys clothes for Olivia for school
Their streetlights are shaped like Hershey Kisses- The town smells just like chocolate- like a chocolate brownie not like a Hershey kiss.
Visiting With Barb and Brian highlights
~Went on a pontoon boat on this giant lake. Olivia went swimming and tubing in the lake while I freaked out. It was awesome visiting with Barb and her family. Went to her church the next day- That was neat since it's only been established for a year. Got to see how others do it!
That's it!
I have to give a special thanks to Amberlee and Katelyn for being super troopers with Olivia. There were times she was very bored because she just didn't understand what she was seeing or hearing and they were outstanding with her.
Canada highlights:
Canadian money is just nuts to get used to. The don't have dollar bills, they have dollar coins and 2 dollar coins.
There is three times more stuff to do there than I had ever dreamed. It's like going to Gatlinburg only seeing water instead of mountains. I think it would make a great honeymoon vacation.
We saw fireworks at the falls. Very beautiful. We went behind the falls. Completely awesome. Water is so powerful- I could definitely feel God's glory and power in every sound of the waves!
Amberlee crashing into mirrors - that was funny. We went into this wax museum and at the exit they had this scary maze you could go through and Amberlee got scared and ran right into a mirror. (If that's not how the story went Amberlee, you can correct me).
New York Highlights:
Lincoln Tunnel was a nightmare of a drive/ride. New Yorkers drive like they are the only cars on the road.
Our hotel was out of this world. Five Star treatment, 2 starbucks, right outside the hotel was the theater for "The Lion King", 2 blocks down from "Phantom of the Opera".
"Phantom of the Opera" was awesome. I am amazed at the talent of not only the actors/singers but the stage crew as well. I was in awe!
"The Lion King" was awesome. Unbelievable costumes- Very funny- Olivia was on the edge of her seat the entire night.
New York City Tour- Our tour guide was wonderful. You could tell she had lived in New York her entire life. I learned so much about New York from her. I have to say this tour was the highlight of the trip for me. Worth every penny! ($40).
Ground Zero- Sobering. I started a chat with a police officer when we were there and he told me he was there the day the towers were attacked. I felt so honored to be able to talk to him and thank him for his service. He said it still feels like it was yesterday to him.
Statue of Liberty- Very neat. She's much bigger than I thought. I tried to imagine them bringing that over here in pieces and I couldn't wrap my mind around it.
Ellis Island- I could have spend all day in this place. I cried and cried at the story behind the people that came to America to find freedom. I began to realize that most Americans honestly do not realize how blessed we are and how our freedom is such a privilege. We take it for granted! We are such a spoiled nation!
China Town- Oh My Goodness was I in La La Land. Randy did a horrible thing to me. Takes me to China Town and only gives me 20 minutes to look around. There are street vendors every 20 feet or so. It was like the biggest yard sale I've ever seen only all the stuff was new. I just had to buy something so I could wheel and deal with them. So, I bought an earring/bracelet and necklace set. She was asking $20 for the whole set, I came back at $10, she said $15. I said thank you very much but $10 is the best offer- she said -OK. I was so happy! Then I realized I probably could have said 7 and she would have sold it to me, Oh well!
We did the five major things that we wanted to do in New York-
~eat New York Pizza- sauce is not sweet at all!
~eat New York Cheesecake- YUUUUUMMMMMMM
~eat a hotdog from a street vendor- no thanks again
~eat a bagel from a street vendor- no thanks again
~ride the subway- very, very hot- I bet it was 105 down in there.
I obviously could go on and on about New York but that would bore you to death so I'll stop!
Hershey Highlights-
Ate lots of chocolate- went on a tour of how the factory works
Ate lots of chocolate- went on a tour of the city and learned all about Milton Hershey-
wonderful man- absolutely wonderful!
Ate lots of chocolate- went to the outlet shops to buys clothes for Olivia for school
Their streetlights are shaped like Hershey Kisses- The town smells just like chocolate- like a chocolate brownie not like a Hershey kiss.
Visiting With Barb and Brian highlights
~Went on a pontoon boat on this giant lake. Olivia went swimming and tubing in the lake while I freaked out. It was awesome visiting with Barb and her family. Went to her church the next day- That was neat since it's only been established for a year. Got to see how others do it!
That's it!
Comments