Fall Season is Fast Approaching

Falling Leaves......... Mums............Cooler Weather

AAhhh, must be Fall.

That means back to homework, going to bed early, soccer, etc. This year's soccer season is much more involved. Olivia is playing select soccer, which means a 2 hour practice instead of 1 hour. Randy is coaching which means much more time with all those behind the scenes details and the games are in West Chester, Ohio. So, there ya go!

The frustrating thing is that the league is extremely unorganized. We were told from day one that all her games are going to be on Sunday's. So we completely cleared our church schedules and got ready to settle into Sunday games. Then we found out last Thursday that only some of her games are on Sunday's and some are on Saturday's. But, we decided that this is going to be a fun time for us to visit some churches that we have been wanting to visit and see friends that we haven't seen in ages. I figured since we have our schedules cleared, let's take some time and explore. Who knows who'll we'll run into - should be great times. I'm looking forward to it.

Getting back to the subject of homework. Man, does Olivia have a lot of it this year. I would say that she averages 45 minutes a night, some nights an hour of homework with tests on Friday. 2nd grade is much more intense. Then, Olivia told me that after Christmas break, she begins learning cursive. Man, that seems so soon!

I saw a really good movie this weekend (rented). Akeelah and the Bee. It is a must see for everyone. I liked it a lot.

I also saw Benchwarmers. What a huge disappointment. That movie made me laugh out loud and extremely offended within 5 minutes of each other. Why do they have to throw all that lesbian chick talk in there- it's just not funny and I for sure wouldn't want any 13 year old to hear or see that. I don't get the PG-13 rating. It still would have been a very funny movie without all the sexual innuendo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedroom Progress!

Monk is Popular!