So Many Blessings...........

There are so many blessings in my life that I am so thankful to God for. Yesterday was one of those days that you make a mental note to put in your memory bank to never forget. It was a very usual day, Randy was working to get the house ready for Thanksgiving and Olivia & I were going to our very favorite store to buy the Thanksgiving trimmings. Yes, Sheryl, I do mean Walmart.

On our way down, Olivia begged me to put in my choir cd so we could sing the songs together. Just hearing the words "Since Jesus came into my Heart" coming out of her mouth gave me such pride and joy. Then, we go on to "When I Call On Jesus, All Things Are Possible". She sounds so much like me, with all my weird "personal touches" I place on songs. Then she begged me to sing harmony with her. Ok, we've been singing (practicing) harmony for about 6 months now. At first, she was no good at all, always coming down to my part as soon as I came in. But, now she most definitely stays on her part, the lead, of course. I was in all my glory. My own child doing my two most very favorite things in all the world, singing to God - in Harmony. Life could not get better.

Then............I get home to a house destroyed. The walls are wet with paint, the hall is a mixture of nailed hard wood and loose boards. The living room is a shambles because Randy finished drywall and it's covered in dust. Then to top it off, Randy moved my bakers rack to paint the foyer and broke our glass lamp shade and my tart warmer. There was glass all over the kitchen - amidst the 8 garbage bags full of junk that we are getting rid of.

I didn't even care. We are not meant to have a perfect house, perfect things to make our joy complete. I am so blessed by what God has given me in family & friends.

I am thankful for ever opportunity that I get to share in Olivia's life. I honestly didn't realize when I had her how much joy there was in watching a child grow- in the little things. I am so blessed to be able to watch her experience life. I just pray that I can pass on to her strength of character, wisdom, a hard work ethic and the value of saving money. But above all.....to love the Lord her God with all her heart, mind, & strength.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i think it is time for an update... i have a new blog!
RCO Banks said…
Girl, you have no room to talk. You don't update your for like ever.
couldB ne1ofus said…
im with hannah. definantly time to update.

Popular posts from this blog

Bedroom Progress!

What God Has Joined Together.....