Heaven or Hell- Who Will Go?
People won't spend eternity in Heaven because they were good, holy or righteous. They Accepted Jesus
People won't spend eternity in Hell because they were liars, addicts or cheaters. They Rejected Jesus.
This phrase was in our church bulletin this weekend. I have thought a lot about it. Our sin is not what gets us into heaven or hell- It's all about a relationship with Jesus. Sinners go to both places. It's such an easy concept to grasp yet so very hard for most people to do; Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.
Olivia has been asking the past two weeks very fervantly about becoming a Christian. It's one of those milestones for me that I have dreamed about from the time I found out I was pregnant. I remember being a Jr. High teacher and 8 months pregnant (throwing up everyday) teaching the students how thankful I was of what Christ not only did for me, but for my children and grandchildren and so on. The idea that the child that God leant Randy & I to raise is realizing on her own the she can choose to follow Jesus is heart-wrenching. For me, knowing that Olivia wants to choose to never walk alone in this world brings such a peace to me. Knowing that she wants to walk with Jesus for the rest of her life is such a blessing to me, can you imagine how God feels?
People won't spend eternity in Hell because they were liars, addicts or cheaters. They Rejected Jesus.
This phrase was in our church bulletin this weekend. I have thought a lot about it. Our sin is not what gets us into heaven or hell- It's all about a relationship with Jesus. Sinners go to both places. It's such an easy concept to grasp yet so very hard for most people to do; Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.
Olivia has been asking the past two weeks very fervantly about becoming a Christian. It's one of those milestones for me that I have dreamed about from the time I found out I was pregnant. I remember being a Jr. High teacher and 8 months pregnant (throwing up everyday) teaching the students how thankful I was of what Christ not only did for me, but for my children and grandchildren and so on. The idea that the child that God leant Randy & I to raise is realizing on her own the she can choose to follow Jesus is heart-wrenching. For me, knowing that Olivia wants to choose to never walk alone in this world brings such a peace to me. Knowing that she wants to walk with Jesus for the rest of her life is such a blessing to me, can you imagine how God feels?
Comments