There is Superstitious Writings on the Wall!
I had a very intersting talk with Olivia the other day about superstitions. She said "Mom, do you believe the saying, Step on a Crack, Break your Mother's Back?". I said, umm, no- if I did, my back would be broken years ago. Then she said that there are lots of kids at school who believe in good luck and bad luck. I told her those little "stories" are called superstitions. I told her I grew up learning about a lot of superstitions, but I didn't believe that any of them come true. So, I came up with a few that both Olivia and I have heard of.
Don't open an umbrella inside.
Don't walk under an open ladder.
Don't let a black cat cross in front of you.
Don't rock an empty rocking chair.
If you have a bird in the house.....the "d" word
If your hand itches, ..........money
If you spill salt, throw some behind you.
Those are some of the ones I grew up hearing........how about you? Do you have any superstitious beliefs? Did you grow up hearing any of these weird stories and still to this day, kinda....sorta.......think they are real?
Let me know!
Don't open an umbrella inside.
Don't walk under an open ladder.
Don't let a black cat cross in front of you.
Don't rock an empty rocking chair.
If you have a bird in the house.....the "d" word
If your hand itches, ..........money
If you spill salt, throw some behind you.
Those are some of the ones I grew up hearing........how about you? Do you have any superstitious beliefs? Did you grow up hearing any of these weird stories and still to this day, kinda....sorta.......think they are real?
Let me know!
Comments