No Credit Card Update

I thought I would give you a little update on our Financial Peace "status". Randy and I took the financial peace course and we cut up our credit cards and vowed to not use credit cards again. So, it's been 6 months since I've used a credit card. I will have to admit, the first 5 months were actually not that big of a deal. We had a budget for Christmas and stuck to that. However- this month has pushed every one of my "temptation" buttons to use one. We've had 4 or 5 kids birthday parties, plus Olivia's party was at the jumpzone last night, plus we got her birthday gifts, plus, I tried to put shorts on her the other day and they were so short she couldn't bend over. So I had to spend $100.00 on summer clothes for her.

I'm going to do my best to hang in there and pay "cash". Basically, we have to. I would have to re-apply for a credit card, and I don't want to do that. We'll see. We have paid off $3000.00 in debt since beginning. So, I guess it's working. We also have an emergency fund that we started. According to our calculations, we should be debt free- all credit cards, car loans, etc., minus the house in 1-1/2 years. Then we can start beating on the house loan. I can't wait.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Early Birthday Olivia!
McQuearyClan said…
Way to go!!! Hang in there. Proud of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Bedroom Progress!

Monk is Popular!