VBS (Vacation Bible School)

Olivia has been going to VBS all week long at Bright Christian Church and she is having so much fun. She loves the songs (as she does every year). She came home and said, "Mommy, come here, I want you to hear my favorite song". As she played it, she did the hand motions and sung with the music. I don't remember all of it but it's called "You Gave". It talks about everything that God god us, and the chorus goes

You gave your life, you sacrificed for me, for me
and the least that I can do is live my life for you

I just started crying watching her sing that and do those motions I could tell she really believed what she was saying. I just wish we could bottle that pureness and honesty and get it out when they are 11-18 and sprinkle it on them when the world gets in their head.

I realized last night that there really is no greater gift a child can give to their parents more than making the decision to love the Lord and accept Him as their Savior. No matter what Olivia does in her career -it makes no difference to me or if she is wealthy or beautiful or popular or anything this world offers; if she commits her way to the Lord, Randy & I would be the most proud parents. In our eyes, that is the greatest success.

I just can't wait to see what God has in store for us as a family. I look forward to the times that we can share as a family in ministry. I can't wait to take her on "mini" mission trips in our neighborhood -(well, you know me, we already have done a few)and christian concerts, and youth group activities, and teaching her the bible, and singing songs with her. Those thoughts just thrill my soul!

Comments

Katelyn said…
that's pretty awesome.
mooma said…
I hope Olivia and you learned everything from their music -- you can teach me and Margie
RCO Banks said…
Oh Don't worry, I've the DVD for you with the kids signing on it and doing the motions!

Popular posts from this blog

Bedroom Progress!

Monk is Popular!