Random Thoughts
I've had some interesting conversations with Olivia the past few days.
#1- Is there really an Easter Bunny? She, for the first time was serious about wanting to know so I told her that we (Randy & I) were the Easter Bunny. She laughed and said "I Knew It". I hate to watch innocence leave a child.
#2- This morning we were eating breakfast and she says "Mom, when you were in elementary school did you have any black people there?" So, I got to tell her that my best friend was black. Her name was Cynthia Cave and one time a bully told me that she was going to beat me up after school and Cynthia stayed with me and scared her away. Olivia thought that was neat. She said, mom, I want a black friend. It was a really neat talk we had. I was able to share with her that aside from their skin color- they are just like us. And I got to share with her that not just blacks look differently. She told me that Chinese, Mexican, & Hawaiian people all have different looks. Then I reminded her that God doesn't look at our outside, when he looks at us, he looks at our heart and that is what we should do. It was neat.
#3- She asked me that if Simba dies would she ever see him again like we will each other in heaven. I told her.......hhhmmm, I don't know honey but if he dies, we'll probably get you a new kitten. That took her mind off of that.
We're making our reservations for New York and Canada tomorrow. I am so excited, I can't hardly stand it. We're staying in Canada at www.americananiagara.com and in New York at www.nymarriottmarquis.com . The Honeycutt's are going with us. It is going to be a vacation to remember.
#1- Is there really an Easter Bunny? She, for the first time was serious about wanting to know so I told her that we (Randy & I) were the Easter Bunny. She laughed and said "I Knew It". I hate to watch innocence leave a child.
#2- This morning we were eating breakfast and she says "Mom, when you were in elementary school did you have any black people there?" So, I got to tell her that my best friend was black. Her name was Cynthia Cave and one time a bully told me that she was going to beat me up after school and Cynthia stayed with me and scared her away. Olivia thought that was neat. She said, mom, I want a black friend. It was a really neat talk we had. I was able to share with her that aside from their skin color- they are just like us. And I got to share with her that not just blacks look differently. She told me that Chinese, Mexican, & Hawaiian people all have different looks. Then I reminded her that God doesn't look at our outside, when he looks at us, he looks at our heart and that is what we should do. It was neat.
#3- She asked me that if Simba dies would she ever see him again like we will each other in heaven. I told her.......hhhmmm, I don't know honey but if he dies, we'll probably get you a new kitten. That took her mind off of that.
We're making our reservations for New York and Canada tomorrow. I am so excited, I can't hardly stand it. We're staying in Canada at www.americananiagara.com and in New York at www.nymarriottmarquis.com . The Honeycutt's are going with us. It is going to be a vacation to remember.
Comments
Marsha